Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Lifting body

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lifting body

    Was reading an article from NASA about lifting body technology when I saw this picture:

    111254main M2 F2 F 104

    Thought I'd remembered seeing that aircraft from somewhere. Realized it when I read further that it was the footage used in the opening of the Six Million Dollar Man.


    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/woOLEEu8RLI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/woOLEEu8RLI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lifting body

    Man, you just hit on one of my favorite shows! My favorite toys were the Steve Austin action figure and that evil robot (can't remember its name.) Those were the good ole days. Not giving you a wink...it's the bionic eye!! Do do do do do!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lifting body

    Heck yeah! I remember the action figure with the roll up skin on the arm with the little bionic "circuits" you could take out. Came with the car engine and the lever on the back that you could press to make him look like he was lifting the engine. And the little peephole in the back of his head you could look through like you were seeing through the bionic eye! Killer!

    Don't remember about the killer robot, though. Had a rocket ship I got for Christmas for it and it folded out into a bionic repair bed for him.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lifting body

    Maskatron! Just found it on the net. Take a look:

    http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/smdm/
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lifting body

    That's the one! They don't make toys like that anymore. I spent many a day in Cracker's Neck with Steve Austin and Maskatron. Only thing that was compareable was my Emergency! firetruck with Roy and John. Classic stuff.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lifting body

    You hear about the new Bionic Woman series on NBC? Seems to have a different spin on Jamie Summers from the Six Million Dollar Man. Still, looks to be pretty interesting.

    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xoSdmrUOTqg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xoSdmrUOTqg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member wyattyap's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    343
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lifting body

    I had one of those big tracs that thing was the shi-.
    Have u ever played the game of FOOTBAll before?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lifting body

    Besides Steve Austen and Maskatron...I used to constantly carry around Stretch Armstrong and that green sea monster villan made like him...loved those things till the arms ripped off.

    BTW anyone remember these?..
    http://www.megomuseum.com/wgsh/dc.html
    I had a boat load of em i carried in a canvas back pack from burger king..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lifting body

    I had the Stretch Monster, too. Left him in my closet toybox and he must have gotten ripped because all that gook ran out of him and got all over some of my toys and the bottom of the toybox. What a mess that stuff was! It was like thick molasses.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lifting body

    All I had to play with when I was young was the woods out back of my house in Derby.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •